I Have an Injured Animal. What Do I Do?

Use all necessary safety precautions when approaching an injured animal. You can call Animal Care at the Observation Building at 920-391-3685 for assistance. You may also be able to call your local animal control officer.

Some animals may not need assistance. They may be eating or hunting.

If you have an injured animal in your possession:

  • Keep the animal secure in a box or carrier in a warm, dark, safe, place
  • Do not feed the animal
  • You may give it a small amount of water if necessary
  • Keep animal away from other animals, pets, and children
  • Bring it to the Observation Building as soon as possible. We are open daily at 8 am

Show All Answers

1. I Have an Injured Animal. What Do I Do?
2. When Can I See the Animals Up Close? May I Take a Picture of Me Holding One?
3. How Can I Help the Animals of the Wildlife Sanctuary?
4. What Do I Do with a Baby Animal If I Am Close?
5. Will a Bird of Prey Attack My Pet Cat or Small Dog?
6. How Can I Help Wildlife in My Yard?
7. Can I Fish at the Wildlife Sanctuary?
8. How Do I Raise a Baby Animal I Have Found?
9. Who Can I Contact for More Information on the Animals of the Wildlife Sanctuary?
10. What Do the Birds of Prey Eat?
11. Where Do You Get Your Animals?
12. Why Are Wild Animals in Cages?
13. Are there any animal areas closed during normal operating open hours?