What is the wheel tax?

The City of Green Bay enacted a municipal vehicle registration fee to provide the City with a source of funds to be used for transportation purposes effective January 1, 2019. If you were charged the $20 fee and are not a resident of the City of Green Bay, please call the Wisconsin Department of Transportation at 608-264-7447 or email at vehiclequestions@dot.wi.gov to correct. Information about this fee is available at http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/wheeltax.aspx. DMV will issue refunds for any wheel tax fees paid in error for the current registration period only. If you have additional questions contact Green Bay Office at 920-448-3020.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a parking violation?
2. How do I pay a parking ticket/citation?
3. What is the wheel tax?
4. How do I report long grass?
5. What ordinance governs long grass and/or weeds in the City of Green Bay?
6. What is the maximum length of a lawn before it violates the ordinance?
7. What if my neighbors are repeatedly not cutting their lawn? Do I have to call every time?
8. What if the grass is too long in the back yard? Can I report that?
9. What consequences exist if I or my neighbor(s) don’t cut our lawn and the City cuts it?
10. What is the process for getting my neighbor to cut their lawn?