If you intend to do the wiring yourself, you must meet with one of the electrical inspectors in our office. A helpful suggestion would be to call 920-448-3300 prior to coming to confirm the inspector will be in the office when you arrive. Please bring a floor plan with you to the Inspection Office showing the locations of all receptacles, lights, switches, etc. that you intend to install.
The inspector will then ask you some basic wiring questions to determine if you are knowledgeable about that wiring, such as:
- What type of wire are you using?
- What is the size of the wire?
- What size overcurrent device will protect the wire?
- How will you ground the device or equipment?
- If ground fault protection required?
If you can answer these basic wiring questions and/or others, the inspector can issue an electrical permit to you.