Be come a certified lifeguard! The following are the qualifications to enter the Lifeguard Training Course. You will be tested for your ability to do specific skills on June 15, 2020 at Colburn Pool. All skills must be completed in a satisfactory manner to continue in the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using each of the following strokes:
- Front crawl using rhythmic breathing and stabilizing, propellant kick;
- Breaststroke using rhythmic breathing; and
- *There is no time requirement; however, the 300 yards must be continuous – no walking on the bottom or stopping at the side of the pool.
- Swim 20 yards front crawl or breaststroke, dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-lb object, return it to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a certification that includes; Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid and AED (valid two years).
We are excited to offer you American Red Cross Lifeguarding Blended Learning. Blended learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete all eLearning modules, including the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid final eLearning exam, at least two days prior to your first in-person skills session. Most participants complete the eLearning portion of the course in approximately 7 hours. Once registration is complete, a link will be emailed with your receipt.
June 15-19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Colburn Pool (1025 S Fisk St)
$225 resident/$270 non-resident/$0 GBPRF Staff
Opens April 1, 2020 for residents and April 2, 2020 for non-residents
- Online: Click here.
- Phone: (920) 448-3365 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- In-person: 100 N Jefferson St (room 510), Green Bay, WI 54301